Guided Hikes feature current natural history events such as monarch butterflies, dragonflies, cardinals, woodpeckers, wild turkeys & hummingbirds (and with a little luck some whitetail deer!). Enjoy the outdoors and get some exercise while learning about the Cross Timbers habitats. $5 for non-members. FREE for members. The Nature Center offers guided hikes in the fall and early spring.
Click to register for a Fall 2017 Guided Hike:
October 7, 14, 21 and 28 from 9:00-10:00am.
Top 10 Reasons to Go Hiking
- Hiking counts as cardio.
- Hiking relieves stress.
- Hiking helps reduce insomnia.
- Hiking boosts creativity & imagination.
- Hiking is a fun group outing.
- Hiking is an ideal solo activity.
- Hiking allows you to soak up Vitamin D.
- Hiking is for all age groups.
- Hiking teaches perseverance.
- Hiking can be as peaceful or adventuresome as you make it!