Let us help you plan your next field trip!
A field trip to Bob Jones Nature Center is an exciting opportunity for children to experience nature first hand, learn about wildlife and native plants, be outside and active in a beautiful setting, and learn about conservation efforts and how each and every one of us can contribute to the health and well-being of our ecosystem and planet.
Unless otherwise planned for, field trips at BJNC are about 2 hours in length. As long as no pressing time issue exists, they may run slightly shorter or longer depending on weather conditions and the dynamics of the group.
Earth Explorers – Grades 3 – 5
- Learn about the geological history of the Cross Timbers
- Go on a geology themed hike and investigate the dirt
- Experience our rock and mineral collection
Animal Adaptations – Grades- 1 – 3
- Learn about how different animals adapt to survive in the wilderness with our skins and skulls collection
- Gain an up-close view of animal adaptation on our trails
- Complete our animal adaptations investigation
Pollination Stations – Grades K – 3
- Learn about a wide array of pollinators, from birds to bats to beetles, in our pollinator garden
- Make wildflower seed bombs
- Complete our life cycles investigation worksheet
Cross Timbers Field Trip – Grades K – 8
- Learn about a variety of flora and fauna of the Cross Timbers through an interactive nature presentation
- Learn how to identify different tracks, scats, and other animal signs
- Classroom activities vary with age group
Pre-K Field Trips
- Experience the great outdoors on our trails
- Create nature crafts and experience our natural artifacts collections
Groups larger than 20 will be divided equally between two field instructors to maximize the trail experience for all children. Groups larger than 40 will be divided equally among three field instructors and so on.
Headcounts must be finalized no later than two weeks prior to the date of your field trip so we can schedule the correct number of instructors for your group.
The adult to child ratio is one BJNC instructor per twenty children, plus the adult chaperones from your facility (a ratio of no less that 1 adult for every 10 children).
During the summer months (June 10th-August 25th), field trips will only be available on Mondays and Saturdays.
2-Hour Field Trip
|10 Students or Below (plus chaperones)||$70.00 base price|
|20 Students (plus chaperones)||$140 base price|
|Additional students||$7.00 student|
A deposit of 50% of the total cost must be paid along with the submission of your reservation forms. Deposit submission confirms your reservation is complete. Payment can be made in person, by mail, or by phone at (817) 491-6333. The remaining balance will be due by the date of your field trip.