In order to protect not only our plants and wildlife but also all of our visitors, we ask that you review these general guidelines:
- Visitors and hikers: be prepared for the great outdoors – dress for seasonal weather, wear closed-toed, closed-healed walking shoes, apply sunscreen and bug-repellant as needed, and stay hydrated.
- All plants, animals and natural objects are protected; no fishing or hunting.
- Adhere to posted speed limit; be aware of small children and animals while driving.
- Do not collect any natural objects, pick plants or interact with wildlife.
- Walk only on established trails – hiking off the trails disturbs natural habitats and increases encounters with poison ivy, snakes and other dangers.
- Bicycles, ATVs, motorized vehicles and horses are not permitted on BJNC trails. Click here for nearby equestrian trails.
- Dogs and other domesticated pets are not permitted at BJNC.
- No entry beyond closed gates.
- No grills or fires.
- Dispose of trash properly – Leave No Trace behind.
- No overnight camping; daytime use only.
- No visiting before or after posted hours.
- Professional photographers MUST register with BJNC before conducting a photo session or taking photos. Click for more information.
If you encounter someone not following these guidelines, please contact us at 817-491-6333 or firstname.lastname@example.org.